SCOTT COKER ANNOUNCES 16-MAN BELLATOR FEATHERWEIGHT TOURNAMENT

  • 0

SCOTT COKER ANNOUNCES 16-MAN BELLATOR FEATHERWEIGHT TOURNAMENT

Kategória : Egyéb

Bellator president Scott Coker proceeded on Ariel Helwani’s ESPN MMA Show on Monday and revealed the news that his marketing is thinking about conducting a 16-man featherweight grand prix tournament. According to Coker, the tournament will start operating in October and will feature 16 of the top featherweights in Bellator, for example fighters in the branch in addition to bantamweights moving up and possibly even lightweights moving down. The featherweight tournament follows at the forefront of this promotion’s heavyweight grand prix, which only watched Ryan Bader crowned winner, and the welterweight championship, which is still ongoing.
Coker advised Helwani he needs the very first round of eight fights from the tournament to take place on one night or on back-to-back nights in the autumn. In addition, he said he wants the championship to conclude within a year, which practically mirrors the heavyweight and welterweight tournament timelines.
As far as that will be one of the 16 fighters at the championship, so far nobody has been declared, but Coker did say that he wants Bellator featherweight champion Patricio”Pitbull” Freire for a part of the tournament. Pitbull is shooting on Michael Chandler in May for its Bellator lightweight title, so if he does participate in the tournament he’ll be the winner, meaning that his belt will be at stake in each round of this tournament like Rory MacDonald’s welterweight name is online every time he fights.
So far as other featherweights who are expected to be in the championship, here are a few who seem to be close locks: Growing prospect AJ McKee; leading contender Henry Corrales; former champ Daniel Straus; former champ Pat Curran; former top prospect Aaron Pico; former name competition Emmanuel Sanchez; and former UFC fighter Sam Sicilia.
The fact there aren’t 16 featherweights ways that bantamweights will also be invited to move up, and Coker said that James Gallagher and Darrion Caldwell is going to be asked to get involved in the championship. I would also expect Ricky Bandejas and Juan Archuleta to be asked, too. So far as lightweights proceed, there might potentially be a few fighters who may create the cut down a weight class including Derek Campos, who simply fought featherweight in his final struggle, and Ryan Scope, who just lost a close fight against Patricky”Pitbull” Freire.
It’s fascinating to see Bellator continue to hold these tournaments as the game of MMA was build on the championship format. The promotion’s bedrock back at the Bjorn Rebney days has been the tournaments but when Coker initially came in they started to go out in trade for superfights and legends conflicts. Nonetheless, it seems like Coker, Bellator, Paramount and DAZN adore the tournaments since it is the next one the promotion will be running within the last two years. Now, you need to wonder what the next tournament for Bellator will be, and when I had to guess that it would be something in the women’s divisions. For the time being, however, featherweight has become a great pair of conflicts.
Disclaimer: This page includes affiliate links and MMA Odds Breaker is going to be paid if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.

Read more: worldmedia.media


Leave a Reply

Bejelentkezés